Organics roadside collection is coming to single-family homes (four units or less) on the west coast! The Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District (ACRD) is launching an updated roadside waste collection service featuring organics (food/yard waste) collection, alongside recycling and garbage in Tofino and Ucluelet.
Residents can expect to receive three new carts per household later this fall; one green cart for organics collection, one blue cart for recycling and one black cart for garbage. Deliveries will also include “kitchen buddies” for collecting food waste inside between collection days, as well as important program material and information about how to use the carts and what to expect with the new service.
Save the Date
We invite residents to join us at our upcoming in-person or online events. Information will be the same for each event to ensure enough opportunity for residents to join us at a time and in a format of their convenience. For more details please visit: bit.ly/sortngo-west-coast-dates.
In-Person Open Houses
- Ucluelet – Tuesday, Oct 18, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Tofino – Wednesday, Oct 19 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Online (ZOOM) Infosession
- Thursday, Oct. 20, from noon to 1 p.m.
The new schedule
Once the program launches, organics carts will get collected weekly, with garbage and recycling carts picked up bi-weekly on alternative weeks.
- Organics: for residents in Tofino, that means every Thursday you’ll wheel your green cart out and for residents in Ucluelet this will be every Tuesday.
- Recycling/Garbage: for residents in Tofino and Ucluelet, every Wednesday you’ll roll out either your black garbage cart or blue recycling cart. More details about what carts residents will roll out during the week of launch will be provided closer to the date.
What can and can’t go in the new Sort’nGo carts?
- What goes in/what stays out – learn what belongs in the new carts where to take items when they don’t: bit.ly/what-goes-in-sortngo-carts
- Get the app – download the free Sort’nGo app from your mobile app store for Android and Apple devices.
Tips to ‘Bear in Mind’
Take a look at our tips on how to reduce wildlife interactions, help our bears stay wild and keep pests out of the new Sort’nGo carts: bit.ly/sortngo-bear-smart
Stay ‘in the know’ with Sort’nGo