B.C. woman allegedly threatens to rip out intestines of American man

A Kamloops-area woman is accused of harassing and threatening to disembowel an American man

  • Nov. 20, 2018 2:10 p.m.

—Kamloops this Week

Armed with a search warrant, police are gathering information from the cellphone of a Kamloops-area woman accused of harassing and threatening to disembowel an American man she met in New York last year.

Felicia Dodginghorse is also accused of threatening the man’s daughter and, in an attempt to intimidate him, texting him a photo of the girl leaving her New York home.

RELATED: Possible prison time for Kamloops woman who stole thousands from her company

Dodginghorse, 26, is charged with two counts of criminal harassment in connection with the allegations. She is slated to stand trial in Kamloops provincial court next year.

According to court documents, Dodginghorse, who lives in Chase, met the American man on a visit to New York in the fall of 2017. The man attempted to end the relationship after a couple of visits, the documents allege, and she began harassing him by phone and text in January.

The American man contacted Chase RCMP in February and said Dodginghorse phoned him the previous month and “threatened to stab, cut him and rip out his intestines,” the documents allege.

According to the documents, the harassment remained “relentless” a month later. The man said he was receiving upwards of 200 calls and messages daily from Dodginghorse, including a troubling photo of his daughter leaving her home in New York.

RELATED: Racists graffiti on Kamloops bathroom walls

In April, RCMP were told New York detectives were “interested in the comments of Felicia Dodginghorse, specifically having people in New York do her dirty work,” the documents state.

Dodginghorse was arrested by Chase Mounties on April 24 and released the next day on a promise to appear in court. Her phone was seized upon her arrest and police have until the end of November to search the device for evidence relating to the American man’s claims.

Dodginghorse’s two-day trial is scheduled to begin on May 28.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

Tla-o-qui-aht First Nations councillor says ‘Hereditary chiefs have the ultimate power’

Ahousaht future hereditary chief Jaiden George explains Indigenous governance.

Major renovations underway at Ucluelet Co-op

“People are going to be really pleased with what they see.”

Ucluelet pursues $8M water upgrade

Project aims to expand water capacity while tackling town’s brown water woes.

A.W. Neill removed from Port Alberni elementary school

School District 70 board votes to retain the name Ucluelet Secondary School

Community mourns West Coast’s kind and generous Rita Driver

“She touched a lot of people’s lives and hearts.”

VIDEO: Minister reports ‘modest progress’ after blockade talks with First Nation

Wet’suwet’en hereditary chiefs say Coastal GasLink does not have authority to go through their lands

Henrique scores 2 as Ducks soar past Canucks 5-1

Vancouver tumbles out of top spot in Pacific Division

Trudeau cancels Caribbean trip amid pipeline protests across Canada

Protests against Coastal GasLink have disrupted rail service

B.C. VIEWS: Inaction on pipeline protests not a viable response

Columnist Frank Bucholtz on how the Coastal GasLink pipeline dispute got so bad

PHOTOS: Top 10 memories of the 2010 Olympics

Black Press Media’s Jenna Hauck, shares some of her most memorable images of 2010 Winter Games

#FoxForFiver: Support grows in B.C. to put Terry Fox on new $5 bill

Terry Fox’ Marathon of Hope raised money for cancer research

Registration opens soon for BC 55+ Games in Richmond

2020 55+ Games have been officially scheduled for Sept. 15 to 19

Trudeau confers with cabinet ministers as rail blockades continue

The Trudeau government has been criticized for not doing more to end the blockades

Canadian nurses’ unions warn national standards for coronavirus protection too low

President says safety protocols nationwide are inadequate compared to those in Ontario and other countries

Most Read